Food grade diatomaceous earth not only helps rid the body of parasites, but it can help remove toxic materials such as heavy metals and poisons from pesticides. It has a positive charge and attracts the bad stuff and drags it out of your body like a little magnet.
Here is a site that tells more about this:
This site is about diatomaceous earth in French: http://www.ultrateck.net/frenchindex.html
Here is the same information in English:
This site has information about how diatomaceous earth works to detox:
They mention a "healing crisis" that the body often undergoes when you begin to detox yourself. I believe this is the reason why some people get diarrhea when they first begin taking diatomaceous earth.
It is suggested that one reduce the amount of diatomaceous earth taken to a much lower level and gradually increase it. The normal amount mentioned is a teaspoon going up to a rounded tablespoon. The time span for this increase is a few days to a few weeks.
A few days sounds too fast to me. If you have violent diarrhea, this can have a serious effect on your health and your life. If you are afflicted with severe diarrhea due to taking diatomaceous earth, increasing your dosage very slowly from considerably less than a teaspoon sounds much less disruptive to your life.
I think an eighth of a teaspoon of DE or even a pinch might be enough to gradually increase to a normal dosage. Sources vary as to what a normal adult human dose is. They go from a teaspoon a day to a couple of tablespoons. I decided on a rounded teaspoon per dose for my own use. A very large person would probably do better to take a larger dose. I take a dose two or three times a day.
Since I am a vegetarian and eat a lot of raw foods, I do not have to be concerned about constipation much. If you do not eat a lot of fiber, you are likely to become constipated from DE. If you want to take DE, you need to increase your fiber or take a laxative.
This post is getting too long so I need to continue it tomorrow.