If you are new to this blog or have not been here for a while, this post is part of a series on Spiritual Abilities. Everyone has them, even though some church people like to lay exclusive claim to them. Each individual has one or more spiritual ability or gift.
This post is part of a list of possible spiritual gifts that you may have. Finding and developing your complete set of spiritual gifts is essential to real disaster preparedness and disaster risk reduction. I will explain more about why and how these spiritual gifts might be used in the next post.
- Tongue - This is usually called Tongues by church people. The non-church version might be someone who has a remarkable flair for linguistics or any form of communications.
- Interpretation of Tongues - I can not think of a non-church version of this one at the moment. When I do I will edit this and add it.
- Voluntary poverty - Some people are really not into possessions. People belonging to the Jain religion are the most extreme example of this that I know of. People with the non-religious version can inspire others with excess possessions to free themselves.
- Martyrdom - People who think they have this one can be extremely annoying. People who really have activated and developed the spiritual gifts version can be enormously inspiring and start or end wars with it.
- Exorcism - Yes, Virginia, there are things around that we might describe as demons. This is usually paired with discernment of spirits. It does not have to be exclusively religious.
- Celibacy - It is easier to dedicate oneself to any worthy cause if a family or significant others are not a part of one's life. This is not limited to churches.
The two links below are primarily for Christians who must have Bible citations to accept information about Spiritual Gifts.