Friday, March 22, 2013

Diatomaceous Earth For Survival

Diatomaceous earth is wonderful stuff. It is pretty cheap compared to medicine or even herbs. After all, it is dirt, fancy dirt, but nevertheless, dirt. It stands to reason that it should be dirt cheap. :-p

I drink some diatomaceous earth almost every day. I read that it has caused some people's hair to turn back to their original color instead of gray. I don't know how much of this to attribute to diatomaceous earth, but I have very little gray in my hair, when my contemporaries are either using hair dye or being quite gray.

I was not that interested in using diatomaceous earth for the purpose of preserving my youthful hair color, but I can't say I object to that additional benefit. 

One of the things diatomaceous earth can't do a thing about is keeping you alive when the ability of the earth to maintain your life is being destroyed. You need to add some other things to your health regimen besides what you eat, drink and how you exercise. Taking care of the earth is taking care of yourself.

I love old cartoons and often apply things I see in them to my life now. One of these lessons that is good to share with you to explain what I am talking about is one where Wiley Coyote had the Roadrunner cornered out on a rock overhang high above a valley. 

Wiley Coyote pulled out a saw and began sawing away at the rock to make the Roadrunner fall. The problem that Wiley Coyote didn't notice is that he was sitting on the same side of the rock that he was sawing away on. When he sawed through it, he had nothing left to support him either.

We human beings are just like Wiley Coyote, sawing away on our support, (the Earth,) when we still need it. 

We saw away at the Earth every time we do things that increase climate change and cause other kinds of environmental damage.

The world we live in is a complex and rapidly changing place. It can easily make one feel too overwhelmed to face it all. It is a great temptation to just hide your eyes and focus only on what you need to survive right now.

We need to pry our hands away from our eyes enough to see what we need to survive. We can not be Wiley Coyotes, sawing away on our support, the Earth, when we still need the Earth.

There are lots of things you can do to help save our support, the Earth, that will make your life better right now as well. I have found and included many of those in my blog posts. Many other people are also working on this problem.

Look around a little and pick one small change and make it part of your life. Once it fits into your life you can go on to the next one. Any journey must start with a single step.

No comments:

Post a Comment