Friday, February 10, 2012

Are You Willing To Save Your Own Life?

I am throwing my little blog posts out there into the  internet void and hoping they land on receptive people who will have the initiative to take action to save themselves and their loved ones. 


Disaster preparedness people are a truly diverse lot. We do not necessarily agree on much of anything, including what we are preparing for. 


Some of my readers may be preparing for some kind of emergency equivalent to something slightly worse than a broken fingernail. Others may have something more in mind closer to the end of the world.


My approach to my posts has mostly been to tell you what I think and let you pick whatever suits you and the level of preparedness you are comfortable with. 


My personal view of what I am preparing for is something closer to the end of the world on the preparedness spectrum. Part of this is because I live in the United States and the government and the financial situation here looks very unstable to me.


I do not think that people who live elsewhere in the world should stop preparedness at a short term level of emergency preparedness. The United States has been a top world power for a long time, as modern governments go. The modern world is very interconnected. This means if the United States is in trouble, so is the rest of the world. It is true even if you have little to do personally with the USA.


It seems to me that the whole world is going to experience a severe financial crisis that will last a long time. I do not like the idea of a lot of people dying of starvation during such a crisis. I can not do a whole lot to prevent this from happening, but I intend to do the best I can.


We would all be in for a difficult time even if the only problem we face is the world financial crisis that I mentioned. It is not. We have a lot of crises ready to hit us one after another. We have crises looming that have to do with human beings and their interactions and we have other crises that have more to do with nature run amok.


You who are reading this please pay attention: Save your life and the lives of your loved ones. Prepare for a long term emergency that you may not live to see the end of. Even if you live in an area with a bullet-proof economy, and you never get a direct hit by a natural disaster, you will be affected. Your food and other necessities probably come from places that will be affected. Prepare yourself and your loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment